South Hams Coffee Morning
We’ve embraced the start of term and spent a rainy Tuesday morning in Dartington hearing from parent carers about their experiences. A new academic year can be especially tricky for SEND families and so it was good bring people together for a cuppa.
We had lively conversations covering a wide range of issues including:
- understanding of specific Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- reasonable adjustments
- quality of communication with families
- impact of health conditions on education and wider family life
- availability of essential learning equipment like tablets or large print resources
- partnership between families and professionals
- barriers to support
We’ve already fed back informally to strategic partners and have offered to meet with schools to share themes.
We’re organising a follow-up session just after half term so keep an eye on our social media to book your place!
Our Facebook page
Our closed Facebook group
Please answer the joining questions to help keep our group secure