What we’ve been up to
- After a bit of a false start in September 2019, we really got going as a Forum in January 2020. The co-chairs have been making connections and meeting lots of new people.
- We’ve mapped health services across Devon and we’re working to connect with key people to make sure we’re effective in sharing families’ experiences
- We co-facilitated 10 short breaks workshops across Devon in January and February. This gave us a chance to meet lots of parent carers and talk to them face to face. More information is available here [https://www.devon.gov.uk/educationandfamilies/special-educational-needs-and-disability-send-local-offer/support-education-health-and-care/care/short-breaks/shortbreakscodesign]. When the recommendations are published, everyone will have the opportunity to check they are right.
- Our Facebook group has grown to nearly 300 since it was started in March!
- These are currently on hold, but sign up here to be the first to hear about rescheduled events once the lock down is lifted